The camp fee is 370 Euro and has to be paid to the camp coordinator upon arrival in Kathmandu. The camp fees covers transportation to and from the work-camp, food and lodging during the work-camp. Please, do not expect a luxurious accommodation and exotic food during the work-camp. If you are arriving before the work camp and want to stay longer after the work camp, you have to pay for food and accommodation by yourselves.
Visas: You can apply for visit visa at any Nepalese missions abroad. It is possible to get the tourist visa from Nepal’s consulate or embassy in your country. Alternatively, you can get a visa at Customs when you arrive at Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu although there are usually long queues. At the airport, payment must be in US Dollar and the charge is ($25, $40 and $100 for 15, 30 and 90 days multiple-entry visit visas respectively). The Department of Immigration routinely extends tourist visas for up to 30 days at a time, up to a maximum stay of 5 months per calendar year. You must bring at least 2 passport size photos for the custom at Kathmandu airport and 3 passport size photos for FORD-Nepal registration.
Please note that we do not have volunteer visa system in Nepal yet. You can only request for a tourist visa.
International work-camp Schedule,
- Day 1: Airport receives and FORD-Nepal Hostel Transfer
- Day 2: Welcome and orientation at FORD-Nepal office at Kathmandu. Orientation covers brief history, religion, people and culture of Nepal and information about work camp, climate, local conditions, host family, safety etc. A short Nepali language and cultural training
- Day 3: Kathmandu valley sightseeing: guided tour to the (UNESCO) cultural and religious heritages of Nepal
- Day 4: Leave for Project site: Introduction with the Host family, living conditions, meeting with local villagers’ etc.
- Day 5-11: Work continuous: Project Orientation of the project, working condition, methods and tools. Working time is 4-6 hours a day. (Two shifts in a day (i.e. morning and afternoon) during the months of May, June, July and August and One shift in a day (i.e. daytime) during the other months. Work begins after breakfast (Breakfast time is 8-9 am). There will be break at lunchtime. Besides the work, a village tour is organized in between these working days.
- Day 12: Completion of project and farewell to villagers and local friends.
- Day 13-14: Visit Royal Chitwan national park: FORD-Nepal organizes the visit for 1 night and 2 days. The participants will witness some wild animals, Tharu cultural dance and fabulous bird species.
- Day 14: Return back to Kathmandu or leave for trekking.
Notes: FORD-Nepal organizes trekking in the Annapurna Conservation Area upon request from volunteers, where participants view the luminous mountain Shangri-La's, lush green valley and fascinating views of beautiful landscapes and snow-capped peaks by climbing up to more than 3000 m in Annapurna trials. FORD-Nepal provides 20% discount rates only to our volunteers. The number of participants for trekking should be at least 3 people in a group.